The first book I ever loved was R.L. Stine’s Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb from the Goosebumps series. Shortly after, I discovered the Fear Street Saga, then Katherine Applegate’s Ocean City series, and finally my mother gave me my first Nora Robert’s book (Dance Upon the Air) when I was 13. The rest is a blurry history of some hardcore, voracious reading. So it’s not a huge surprise to me that over the years, I’ve somehow happily managed to become an unofficial library to my circle of friends (mostly for romance novels + erotica).
But as I expand my own list of favorites (and not just in books, but in podcasts, online resources and more), I wanted to share them with you in the hopes that they bring you as much joy, inspiration, laughter, and feels as they’ve brought me.
These are some of my most often recommended books for each category. If you’re also curious about what I’m currently or soon-to-be reading, check out what’s on my bookshelf at the moment.
For All Occasions
- Shark Dialogues by Kiana Davenport
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
Romance, Erotica + More
- Anything by Nora Roberts
- Anything by Kristen Ashley (especially Rock Chick Revenge)
- Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren (this is Book 3 in the Beautiful series)
- Beyond series by Kit Rocha
- Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn (this is Book 2 in the Ross Siblings series)
- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
On Writing + Creativity
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert